1. Will you need to flip your Lola Cool Hybrid mattress?
You don't have to turn it, but rotating your mattress regularly is one of the very few conditions of your eight year guarantee. Take it for a 180 degree spin on the base once a month for the first 3 months, then every 3-6 months for the rest of its life.
2. How firm is the Lola Cool Hybrid mattress?
We describe the feel of the Lola Cool Hybrid as a medium. We have created what we think is the perfect balance of comfort and support and provides the best night's sleep.
3. How long does the mattress take to expand?
It only takes 2-4 hours for the mattress to reach its usable size, then enjoy.
4. How often should I update my mattress?
Did you know we spend about a third of our lives sleeping? That’s a lot of time with your mattress!
Generally, it’s advised to get a new mattress about every eight years. Meaning, if you purchased your mattress before 2013, you’re probably due for an upgrade! However, according to Consumer Reports, as we get older, we typically get less time out of a mattress because our bodies tolerate “less pressure” as we age.
So how do you know when it’s time to get a new and updated mattress? Here are some tips to consider:
* Be mindful of how you feel: If you’re feeling stiff or uncomfortable after a night’s sleep, that’s a good sign you’re in need of an update. We recommend paying close attention to your neck, lower back, and shoulders -- as those tend to be the first places to feel the pressure from a worn-out mattress. On a similar note, if you notice you get AMAZING sleep at a hotel or a friend’s house, that could be an indication your mattress isn’t doing its job for you.
* Look at your mattress: Is it sagging? Fraying at the edges? Visibly asymmetrical? Can you see an outline of your body? Those are all indicators it might be time for a new mattress. Also, if your mattress feels a lot softer or firmer than when you originally bought it, those are signs it needs to be swapped.
* Listen to your mattress: Cracks, crinkles, and pops tend to happen as springs get loose and mattresses get worn out to a point where they need to be replaced.
Above all, check in with yourself. There’s a good chance if you’re asking yourself if it’s time to get a new mattress as you massage shoulder pain-- it probably is!
5. How is the Lola Cool Hybrid mattress made?
The Lola Cool Hybrid is made up of five different layers;
The Cool comfort layer (2cm) is a cooler alternative to conventional mattresses, offering maximum support and incorporating the very latest technology.
The Cool support layer (3cm) contours to your body and distributes evenly across the mattress.
The 4cm nano springs (4cm) hugs the body to provide cloud like support.
The Support Foam (15cm) foam provides the required pressure to keep your back and spine aligned.
The soft and breathable sleep surface layer circulates fresh air throughout the cover with every move you make. Individually designed to draw heat away from your body.
Finally, a breathable, non slip bottom cover - Prevents the mattress from slipping off the bed base and incorporates handles for easy moving.
6. What makes the Lola Cool Hybrid mattress special?
Lola provides an exceptional mattress, using the latest technology, conforming to every body type at a market leading value. The revolutionary Lola Comfort foam boasts a structure that offers 30 times more breathability than other leading, premium vasco-elastic mattresses.
7. How are the Lola Cool Hybrid mattress delivered?
The mattress is rolled and vacuum packed into a stylish box (45x45x110cm). We ship directly to your front door using our premium two man delivery courier service.
8. Does the Lola Cool Hybrid mattress have any safety certifications?
Yes, all the foams in Lola mattresses are tested to BS EN ISO 8307.2007. The foams are made without ozone depletes, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead and other heavy metals, formaldehyde and phthalatetes.
9. Will this help with back problems?
We're confident that the balance of comfort and support offered will achieve a great night's sleep.
We're not medical professionals, and we can't judge what's right for your back but all we can say is we've had great feedback from sleepers who have suffered from aches and pains and feel that their Lola Cool Hybrid has helped them achieve a great night's sleep.
10. Is there a weight limit for the mattress?
Our 5 year warranty covers a maximum weight limit of 18 stone (114kg) per sleeper.