Feeling Tired? We've got your back
5 Tips to a Better Night's Sleep
1. Update your mattress or pillow: Not to state the obvious, but using a high-performing mattress & pillow is vital to making sure your body is comfortable enough to relax into a deep sleep. Is your mattress more than 7-10 years old? It might be time to upgrade.
2. Optimize your sleep schedule: Something as setting a fixed time to wake up and go to bed can help your body fall into a natural sleep rhythm - even on weekends! We recommend getting up at the same time each day to help your body ease into a good routine and fall asleep more naturally.
3. Pre-bedtime routine: We are glued to our screens - now probably more than ever and it can be tempting to entertain ourselves on our devices as we fall asleep. However, we recommend diming the lights and putting away the screens 30 minutes before you want to fall asleep to help your body relax & shut down for a restful nights sleep.
4. Monitor Your Caffeine & Alcohol Intake: We've all been there before - you stay up late drinking wine and then caffeinate the next morning. It's ok to indulge every now and then, but be careful to not make it a habit as it can throw off your natural sleep cycle. We recommend having a cut-off point in the day for consuming caffeine to allow your body to come down off the 'high.'
5. Don't stew in bed: How many times have you found yourself restless in bed as you try to fall asleep? This makes you frustrated & angry as you toss and turn. Don't just lay there - get up and do a low-light activity to help your mind relax. Don't think about sleeping or look at the clock. While you allow yourself to focus on something else, your body will naturally relax.